Re: To update or not to update...

> But we could do it in two repos -- one stable EPEL repo and a "EPEL
> rolling" on top of it -- then users could individually select which
> software they want in newer versions.

If I want a rolling upstream, why am I using EL?  You use a EL to
avoid quick releases and be on supported ABI compatible versions of
X,Y,Z for long periods of time.  The notable exceptions are things
like a LAMP stack, but RH provides subscriptions and updates to that
more frequently on EL.

A rolling repo should just be a symlink to Fedora. That's why Fedora exists.

stahnma