Re: Complete RHEL package lists?

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> I'm about to submit tomcat-native (also known as libtcnative, tcnative) for
> review in Fedora, but my primary interest for it is EL-5, specifically CentOS
> 5.
>
> But before doing that, I'd like to verify that it is not already available in
> some RHEL 5 channels and that the package won't cause problems if it's
> shipped in EPEL 5, if I should adjust something etc.  For CentOS 5 it's fine,
> but I don't have a RHEL 5 box at the moment that I could use to check for
> possible conflicts and the like.

It won't be fine for CentOS 5 either if it is not fine for RHEL 5. CentOS
also rebuilds the source packages from other RHN channels and even if they
may not be available right now they may be in the future. So the same
concerns hold true.

> Is there a complete list of all binary packages included in all RHEL channels
> that EPEL should be compatible with available somewhere?  Complete public
> binary repodatas (just the metadata, not packages) of binary packages
> included in them would be nice.

That would be interesting indeed. A complete list of binary packages,
metadata and a list of all the SRPMs (just to verify if they all are on
the mirrors and have not been mistakenly forgotten).

--   dag wieers,  dag wieers com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --