EPEL report week 34 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Aug 26 13:22:13 UTC 2007

= Weekly EPEL Summary =

Week 34/2007

== Most important happenings ==

 * None

== EPEL SIG Meeting ==

=== Attending ===

>From the Steering Committee:

 * knurd (ThorstenLeemhuis)
 * mmcgrath (MikeMcGrath)
 * Jeff_S (Jeff Sheltren)
 * nirik (KevinFenzi)
 * stahnma (MichaelStahnke)

Missing from the Steering Committee:

 * dgilmore (DennisGilmore) (missed it by a few minutes)
 * quaid (KarstenWade)

=== Summary ===

 * EPEL Meeting|push to stable easily -- knurd

  * knurd talked to mschwendt about it but didn't find time for more
yet; more work underway  (which is in progress already when this report
got written)

  * we'll make nirik a pusher as well to spread the burden of the work

 * new meeting time? -- all (see also
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/NewMeetingTime )

  * stahnma suggested to do alternating meetings (and not in the middle
of the work-day), like some other Fedora groups. Another old idea
mentioned earlier was to do bi-weekly meetings (maybe a mix of both?).
Discuss further on the list.

 * Metadata for all Packages available to contributors. -- stahnma

  * The thread that was brought up about this is very interesting;
basically, the EPEL community has no exact list of packages in RHEL/RHN
proper; and even if we get a list of packages, we still need metadata;
to see if we're conflicting with RH packages

  * some discussion around this; see log for full details; But its a
complicated topic, so continue on the list

 * the new License tags and EPEL

  * nirik will consult spot how to handle the tags for EPEL and post to
the list about it

 * is anybody reading the weekly reports?

  * some people said they do. But its a boring job, so tell me if I'm
wasing my time ;-)

=== Full Log ===

https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-August/msg00135.html

== Stats ==

=== General ===

Number of EPEL Contributors: unknown -- now that the pgkdb is in
production it's not easily determinable for now (AFAIK)

=== EPEL 5 ===

Number of source packages: 597

Number of binary packages:  1156

There are 6 new Packages:

 * ccache | C/C++ compiler cache
 * cvsgraph | CVS/RCS repository grapher
 * libpqxx | C++ client API for PostgreSQL
 * nginx | Robust, small and high performance http and reverse proxy server
 * python-sqlalchemy | Modular and flexible ORM library for python
 * radiusclient-ng | RADIUS protocol client library

=== EPEL 4 ===

Number of source packages: 382

Number of binary packages:  785

There are 5 new Packages:

 * cvsgraph | A CVS/RCS repository grapher
 * libpqxx | C++ client API for PostgreSQL
 * nginx | Robust, small and high performance http and reverse proxy server
 * python-kid | Kid - A simple and pythonic XML template language
 * sqlite | Library that implements an embeddable SQL database engine

----
["CategoryEPELReports"]