testing -> stable move for EPEL5 is prepared, details inside

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Dec 5 12:01:15 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> The ones below won't get moved because they miss deps:

>> package: smbldap-tools - 0.9.4-1.el5.noarch from epel5-testing
>>   unresolved deps:
>>      perl(Unicode::MapUTF8)

This needs the addition of a stack of modules to EPEL:

perl-Jcode
perl-Unicode-Map
perl-Unicode-Map8
perl-Unicode-MapUTF8
perl-Unicode-String

All of these are maintained by Aurelien Bompard, who doesn't have any
RHEL/CentOS boxes and has told me is quite happy for me to maintain
these in EPEL.

The next step would be to create the EPEL4/5 branches and add me as
co-maintainer for those branches. Does Aurelien need to do that or can I
make the request myself?

Paul.