Help with creating rpms for contribution

Hello,
I'm wanting to create some rpms from tarball packages, mostly network security apps and an mp3 server that i'd then like to submit to epel for inclusion. I've read the rpm building docs so i have an idea as to how the process should go, however for my first rpm i'd rather have some shoulder looking from someone whose actually done it, vs. putting out something that looks like well a first-time kludged together rpm. If anyone's interested, i doubt any of these packages will take very long, they all compile out of the box, please let me know privately.
   And whom would i speak to for rpm inclusion?
Thanks.
Dave.