Wishlist

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 17:40:22 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 09:22 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> This weekend I took a closer look at our wishlist and added a bunch of
> (IMHO) popular Fedora packages still missing in EPEL. Then I wrote a
> little script that emailed all the owners and co-maintainers asking them
> for their EPEL plans regarding the package in question; to track that I
> added a status column in the wishlist. See:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/WishList
>
> I plan do to that again now and then in the future -- so if you want to
> see a package in EPEL just add it to the wishlist with the status
> "unknown" -- then my script (when I run it) will send a mail to the
> maintainer.

It would be really useful if the wishlist also stated who requested it
with a very brief reason - two of my packages (ruby-activesupport and
ruby-activerecord) are on that list.

I don't really want to put them into EPEL; I'd much rather put all of
the rails gems in there, (rubygem-rails and dependencies), but I'd like
to have a quick chat with whoever wants those packages to make sure that
that is what they need.

David