Re: updates in builders?

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:15:09 +0100
Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote:

> Soon after the CentOS updates ships?

That could create undue delay.  Especially if EPEL packages are
preventing customers from getting the next update packages from
RHEL/RHN.  We don't want to be the cause of their upgrades/updates not
working.

I guess you have to pick whom you're going to upset.  The RHEL/RHN
customers or the CentOS folks, because either way you're going to block
somebody from getting some form of updates.  Either CentOS folks are
going to be blocked from getting EPEL updates as EPEL builds get done
against a point release update, or you're going to block RHN customers
from getting the RHEL point release if any EPEL packages require
something that is getting updated in the point release.

--
Jesse Keating