Re: BUG: clamav packages badly broken

Dag Wieers wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007, lonely wolf wrote:

On 12/29/2007 09:34 PM, Florin Andrei wrote:

Back to using Dag's repo - setup all sorts of yum exceptions, so that the
broken EPEL packages do not interfere with the good packages provided by
Dag. Welcome to the repo hell. :-(
That't exactly what yum-priorities has been written for. Just setup rpmforge
with a bigger priority over epel and you are done.

Last time such a discussion popped up and I simply stated that RPMforge
and EPEL are not compatible and you are better off using only one of both
I was told to stop spreading FUD (by Rex Dieter).

Apparently it stopped being FUD today ?

"FUD" is probably an exaggeration.

yum-priorities is pretty damn ugly, and probably requires constant fiddling. But it may just work. No, I don't like it at all. But when it's the only solution... (shrug)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/