Re: BUG: clamav packages badly broken

Florin Andrei wrote:
Michael Schwendt wrote:

Why can't a volunteer create and maintain a clamav configuration add-on
package, which offers a single system-wide clamav daemon if that is
requested by the clamav user base in Fedora/EPEL?

That sounds good enough. Still not perfect, but it's something that can be lived with.

By the way, the _name_ of the package is important. I'm not picking nits (I hope), I'm just thinking of the poor souls who might get trapped by the existing clamav packages and break their systems. It should be something that is self-explanatory when looking at the list provided by "yum install clamav\*"

"clamav-standalone-daemon" or something like that.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/