Plan for todays (20070704) EPEL SIG meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Jul 4 08:05:03 UTC 2007

On 04.07.2007 09:48, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> [...]
> I am checking which package I'd like to put in EPEL and it appears that
> some informations are lacking, that I can find easily with rpmfind (for
> example), but I cannot for RHEL. Here is a list of things I would like
> to do, from a non Centos/RHEL box, or from another Centos/RHEL version,
> of course. Do you have guidance on how to do it?

mock + chroot? Or install CentOS in a VM?

> Keep in mind that I would
> like something easy, (like what rpmfind provides, for example) not something
> complicated (like download all the srpms and work out from the spec
> files):
>
> * find whether a package is in RHEL or not

Simply look at the CentOS dir like?

http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/centos/5/os/x86_64/CentOS/

> * find whether a file is in RHEL or not, and in which package
> * find whether a provides is in RHEL or not, and provided by which
>   package
> * find the list of files and provides of a package in RHEL

I've never used rpmfind, but if it can serve you this information for
Fedora it might be able to serve it for CentOS as well (which "aims to
be 100% binary compatible").

CU
thl