Re: EPEL, RHEL-5Server and RHEL-5Client...

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
On 17.07.2007 14:52, Joel Andres Granados wrote:
Joel Andres Granados wrote:
Regarding the python-imaging package...
What is the matter with including the 1.1.6 version in EPEL/el5? does it break anything? Both Plone and python-docutils (deps in EPEL) use the Image library from PIL and this library does not have any backward compatibility issues. additionally, RHEL5-client has no package that depends on python-imaging. So I say KISS, and ship 1.1.6 with the EPEL/el5. I know it goes against the EPEL policies,
but I think its much better that messing with nvr.
And what about EPEL/e4, the EPEL wiki says to use code form fedora core 3.

That the advice, yes.

[...]
Moreover, is there an additional way to build EPEL packages.
I'm following http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UpdatingPackageHowTo wiki for the builds. Is this correct?

The old Extras procedure applies; e.g. update cvs, run "make tag build";
koji and bodi, which are used for F-7 and rawhide are not yet used for EPEL.

^^^^ this is really nice to know, I am familiar with the EPEL way of doing it. Can you direct me to the
wiki, tutorial or info page.
Thx.

CU
thl