resolution for python-imaging in EPEL

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 17 14:15:38 UTC 2007

On 7/17/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> That said, somebody really needs to verify what I was told earlier,
> which is customers of EL5Server can use RHN and subscribe to the Client
> channels and get the content.  Perhaps not vice-versa, but in this case
> it should be enough.  Before we go down the road of doom, lets verify
> whether or not 5Server customers can get access to python-imaging
> through RHN.

I don't think this is true. I have RHEL-5Server (academic)
entitlement, and I don't see "Client" listed anywhere in my list of
available software channels. I only see:

# RHEL Virtualization (v. 5 for 32-bit x86)
# RHEL Supplementary (v. 5 for 32-bit x86)
# RHEL Hardware Certification (v. 5 for 32-bit x86)
# RHEL FasTrack (v. 5 for 32-bit x86)
# Red Hat Network Tools for RHEL Server (v.5 32-bit x86)

And "python-imaging" is definitely not available to me:

root at bakserv:[~]# yum list python-imaging
Setting up repositories
rhel-i386-server-5        100% |=========================| 1.4 kB    00:00
Finished

The situation may be different for those who paid full enterprise
price for RHEL entitlements, but that doesn't change the fact that
unless EPEL provides "client" packages, I'll be left with broken
repositories. I will note, that it makes that much harder for me to
justify paying money to RH if I can have a better service using
Centos+EPEL.

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev