Plan for tomorrows (20070725) EPEL SIG meeting

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Jul 25 12:35:50 UTC 2007

On Jul 25, 2007, at 12:45 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> /topic EPEL Meeting – broken deps – Jeff_S, All

See http://www.sheltren.com//epel/repoclosure/2007-07-25/ for a run
of repoclosure this morning.  This is against CentOS 4.5 base +
updates, so it may be slightly different than what the spam-o-epel
reports, but we should be looking at both.

I think that any unresolved deps should be removed from the repos
before going live.  For example, give maintainers until the start of
next week to get the needed deps into EPEL.  Also something to
consider:  we should re-run repoclosure after removing the packages
with broken deps to see what else we broke by removing them --
hopefully this is not a lot of packages!

-Jeff