alpine package

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Wed Jul 25 17:35:42 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 10:29:15AM -0700, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
>  OK, the "Getting Sponsored" section confused me:
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/HowToGetSponsored?highlight=%28sponsor%29
>  If I re-read it carefully, it accurately describes the process, but some
>  statements could be easily misread, such as
>  "A sponsor will assist you with some aspects of packaging".
>
>  Additionally, I began at
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join
>  (or actually at EPEL/SIG but that makes it clear you need to join Fedora
>  first)
>  which has a wonderful ordered list of steps:
>
>  # Read the Guidelines
>  # Create a Bugzilla Account
>  # Join the important Mailing Lists
>  # Read Other Submissions
>  # Make a Package
>  # Upload Your Package
>  # Create Your Review Request
>  # Watch for Feedback
>  # Get a Fedora Account
>  # Get Sponsored
>
>  However, PackageMaintainers/HowToGetSponsored indicates that you should
>  do a few package reviews first since "sponsors will want to see what reviews
>  you have done". Also the sentence in the review section "the more you
>  indicate
>  that you understand, the better your chances of being sponsored" makes it
>  sound like someone might sponsor you from reading your reviews.
>  (BTW, that page also lists FE-REVIEW twice.)

Heh, yes... the steps are way too complex IMO.  I believe they are
working on FAS2 to at least make the getting an account part a little
more streamlined...

I recently submitted a package and went through the same process you
are.  I'd say get going with your Bugzilla account, and even submit
your review request and at least get that ball rolling.

You can get your FAS account set up, do a "pre-review" or someone
else's package and then find someone to review your package and sponsor
you (often the same person).

I just ended up getting the ball rolling on my review and doing the
other steps a little out of order :)

Ray