Re: Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) Now Open

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

In general: sure. But I don't want to name other repositories, because
that might be problematic from a legal standpoint for the Fedora Project
(just being careful here, not sure if I'm overreacting). So I just added
this to the FAQ:
----

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#head-b631b303a0b54605688fd911f0f3dfc90676b5a0

I think this is good, There are tons of places to get 3rd party RPMs out there. ATrpms, dribble, freshRPMS, jpackage, Livna, RPMForge, PlanetCCRMA all come up in a google search. We certainly aren't asking any of them to mention which repos they are incompatible with and I highly doubt all of them are completely compatible with eachother*.

   -Mike

*I have not tried putting all of those repos together on one machine to see that they are all compatible.... I know better :)