Mock Configs [Was: Re: Plan for tomorrows EPEL SIG meeting]

Thu Jun 14 10:55:35 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 21:29 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> Once upon a time Wednesday 13 June 2007, Michael E Brown wrote:

> > > Hi Michael, if you have to push a 0.7.1 today, I'd lean towards
> > > simply copying the exclude line from a fedora x86_64 mock config and
> > > re-using that in the EL5 x86_64 config.  That "works for me", and
> > > it's an improvement over the behavior without having an exclude line.
> > >
> > > If anyone sees any problem with this, please respond soon so Michael
> > > can get the update pushed :)
> >
> > Will do.
> >
> > Let me know if you guys want something different and I'll get it ready
> > for 0.7.2.
>
> the exclude is because some packages require glibc.i386  in the 64 bit chroot
> to build.  gdb gcc and a few others

Actually ... (3) i[3,4,5,6]86 things are potentially required in the
x86_64 tree for building x86_64 RPMS: glibc.i386, glibc.i686,
glibc-devel.i386.  That exclude line does allow for all those to get
called in when required, but blocks all other i386 arch content.  It
might not be "required" for EPEL (if you don't build any packages that
need both 32 and 64 bit parts), but it is certainly required for Fedora
and CentOS/RHEL base OSes if building in mock.

Also, if koji uses the same "Stage" repo functionality as plague (I am
not sure how koji does its "generated" repos {or even if it does self
generated repos}), you might also need to exclude x86_64 rpms in the
i386 mock configs.  (In plague the Staged feature {at least in our
setup) does one set of repo metadata that contains all i386, x86_64, and
all other arches.  This means that when solving deps, all arches can be
looked at and potentially called out of arch)

Again, this may or may not also be how koji does staged repos ... just
food for thought.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes