Log from todays meeting

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Jun 16 15:50:11 UTC 2007

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007, Mike McGrath wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
> > So, we finally found an excuse for no colaboration. At least that means I
> > wil have more time for not trying.
>
> Just curious, do atrpms, RPMForge, Centos Extras and KBS conflict?  If not how
> do you guys keep them from conflicting?
>
> Is there a neutral mailing list we can create somewhere?

People use them together and report any problems. But I think what helps
the most is that we carefully look what others have implemented before we
duplicate any effort.

CentOS does not introduce anything that is not compatible with RPMforge.
Karan excludes everything from Extras that causes incompatibilities.

I guess that's because people care about allowing users to enable their
repository and incompatibility with someone else's repository is one way
of driving users away.

What's more, I often look at Fedora packages to know what I have to
Obsolete/Provide to make those package somewhat compatible. But the effort
should not be completely wasted on us IMO.

Kind regards,