Re: rename fedora-usermgmt?

On 05.03.2007 13:18, Axel Thimm wrote:
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 01:07:42PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Just my 2 cent: Yes, we need to find a solution, whatever that might look like. Writing and enforcing a fedora-usermgmt successor could be one,
not really, it moves the problem from a global one to a site-specific
one. We need to deal with it on a global scale.

Maybe. I never looked to much into this shit, but seems to me all solutions so far are painful or hard to achieve, so we have to find the worst evil, whatever that might look like...

extending the UID/GID space another one. Someone just needs to drive
the whole issue forward and get it approved by the Fedora community,
FPC and FESCo.
I'd vote for thl, go thl, go! :)

-1 (enough on my plate already)

But the current mix of using fedora-usermgmt in some packages and
not using it in others just sucks.
That's why we should allow it to infest the RHEL world, too.

Shouldn't?

Cu
thl