Re: rename fedora-usermgmt?

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 08:36:01AM -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
Fact is: fedora-usermgmt solves a (nitch) problem, regardless of whether folks agree with it's implementation.

But the problem it solves is "lack of an official list of reserved system
userids". When Fedora was a third-party repository, it could really do much
about the official list, but now that we are fedora, we can.

And particularly since the fedora-usermgmt approach is most problematic in
enterprise environments, now's a good time to fix the problem rather than
patch around it.
I might be alone here but... I've never once had a problem. Anything that is going to be considered needs to completely replace useradd. Any system that involves using both is faulty.

   -Mike