Re: rename fedora-usermgmt?

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 08:36:01AM -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
Fact is: fedora-usermgmt solves a (nitch) problem, regardless of whether folks agree with it's implementation.

But the problem it solves is "lack of an official list of reserved system
userids". When Fedora was a third-party repository, it could really do much
about the official list, but now that we are fedora, we can.

The other problem addressed by fedora-usermngt is that we'll also eventually run out of fixed 100-499 id's as well.

And particularly since the fedora-usermgmt approach is most problematic in
enterprise environments

Again, news to me. How is it problematic? My perception of this discussion is that it's mostly FUD, in not understanding the *real* fundamental issues fedora-usermngt addresses, and inventing theoretical problems that it may cause.

Regardless, imo, this is a *fedora* issue, and should be addressed globally, not here in epel-only space.

-- Rex