remove fedora-usermgmt?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Mar 6 10:48:34 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 07:05:31AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 05.03.2007 21:37, Axel Thimm wrote:
> >On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 09:09:34AM -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> >>Axel Thimm wrote:
> >>Have I mentioned this is the wrong forum for this discussion?
> >Trying to solve this on the Fedora side may take ages
>
> k, then it might take ages. But I'm strictly against finding special
> EPEL solutions for problems, if the same problem exists in Fedora-land
> and should be fixed there, too (and this is the case here).

Then let's not find special solutions. I'm just against having this
kind of special "solution" in EPEL, and I think the majority here has
the same opinion. In fact I'm really for using the non-special
solution, just plain useradd -r. If the fallback is supposed to had
been useradd -r anyway then there was no win to use that special
"solution" in the first place.

No special solutions, please, I agree - ban fedora-usermgmt from EPEL.

> >as no one really seems to be interested (or are you volunteering to
> >take the lead).
>
> Then I'd say the problem can't be that big.

That's a joke, right?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net