Re: remove fedora-usermgmt?

On 06.03.2007 11:48, Axel Thimm wrote:
[...]
No special solutions, please, I agree - ban fedora-usermgmt from EPEL.

"ban fedora-usermgmt from EPEL" for me is a special EPEL solution, as it differs from the Fedora solution.

That way lie dragons!

I'd like to avoid them -- every single rule around packaging that is different between Fedora and EPEL will make life harder for users and packagers that are active in both camps, as they have to keep different rule sets in mind. I'd like to avoid that as much as possible.

as no one really seems to be interested (or are you volunteering to
take the lead).
Then I'd say the problem can't be that big.
That's a joke, right?

Unsure. Yes, in parts, no in other parts -- as Rex iirc said: there seems to be a lot FUD about "fedora-usermgmt" around.

If the problem if so big that you want to get is solved then please go and solve it in Fedora (hey, you are in the Packaging Committee!), and it will be solved for EPEL that way, too.

Taking a EPEL-shortcut would IMHO be plain wrong.

CU
thl