Release and update procedure for EPEL

Ralph Angenendt ra+redhat at strg-alt-entf.org
Tue Mar 6 15:50:13 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 10:25:29AM -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > Umm CentOS releases updates shortly after RHEL does. Im not sure
> > what rolling releases you are talking about.
>
> Roling in the sense of the minor release integer.
>
> Compare
>
> http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/4/isos/i386/

> https://www.scientificlinux.org/download/
>
> E.g. the range of 4.x versions. SL follows RH in maintaining each
> point release, while CentOS kind of EOLs the previous point releases.

Ummm. No. I don't think RH still maintains 4. Or 4U1. Or 4U2. So we
don't either. All updates are going against the latest (misnomed)
'quarterly' update. And I don't think that SL does it any different,
although I might be wrong there. Because every quarterly update is a big
update set against the previous one (including updates).

So I'm not too sure about what you are talking about.

Cheers,

Ralph