rpms that just need a rebuild...

I admit I haven't been following all the EPEL discussion that closely, so sorry if this has been brought up before...

Originally I thought EPEL was going to function more like how centos.karan.org did, by just rebuilding Extras rpms on a ELx box, and people would volunteer to fix any packages that wouldn't build correctly. But it seems to be more focused on taking stable versions and only applying security patches...which is good, especially if there are lots of volunteers. But I was wondering if there is room in the plans for a "EPEL-unstable" repository (or something like that), which is just an automatic rebuild of Fedora Extras 6 packages. For instance I need ~15 php-pear-??? rpms for EL5 that I just rebuilt from the Fedora Extras 6 sources - no modifications to the spec files needed. By the way, I am not an Extras contributor, so I don't think I'd be allowed to be a maintainer just for EPEL, would I?
Thanks,

Greg