Re: Release and update procedure for EPEL

Axel Thimm wrote:
Compare

http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/4/isos/i386/

https://www.scientificlinux.org/download/

E.g. the range of 4.x versions. SL follows RH in maintaining each
point release, while CentOS kind of EOLs the previous point releases.

(Sorry if this doesn't follow up to the previous messages properly, I wasn't subscribed to the list when this was posted)

I think you missed that CentOS EOL's the previous point releases to http://vault.centos.org - 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, etc are all there if you want to stick to 4.3 for whatever reason. I think they just want to make mirroring their main repository less of a storage burden - And I think it works for them - there are a lot more CentOS mirrors that Scientific Linux mirrors.

Greg