Re: package stability

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Mike McGrath (mmcgrath redhat com) said:
Unlike in 'official' RHEL, I'd think the emphasis here is just on best effort for stability. As long as we're cautious I think it will be fine.

Anything we do should be very well documented, along the lines of:

 "API and ABI stability for packages in EPEL is NOT guaranteed. If you are
  an ISV, you should not base your software on these packages, or, if you do,
  be prepared to ship your own version."

Bill
At the same time though it would be nice to get ISV's actually maintaining / co-maintaining packages.

   -Mike