Re: package stability

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Mike McGrath (mmcgrath redhat com) said:
"API and ABI stability for packages in EPEL is NOT guaranteed. If you are
an ISV, you should not base your software on these packages, or, if you do,
 be prepared to ship your own version."
At the same time though it would be nice to get ISV's actually maintaining / co-maintaining packages.

Sure. But I'm not sure I want an ISV saying "To run our app, please
install XYZ from EPEL."

Why not? I think it'd be a great vehicle to get these companies involved.
   -Mike