Re: package stability

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Mike McGrath (mmcgrath redhat com) said:
Sure. But I'm not sure I want an ISV saying "To run our app, please
install XYZ from EPEL."
Why not? I think it'd be a great vehicle to get these companies involved.

If XYZ is something *not* maintained by that ISV, and Joe Packager goes
AWOL?

Bill
Hopefully the ISV will have signed up to be a co-maintainer of that package. It won't work every time but corporate sponsorship of these packages could be a very good thing. I think its worth a shot anyway.

   -Mike