EPEL vs Fedora main

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 22:33:40 UTC 2007

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> It was not really opened before a few weeks. There wasn't even a place
> to discuss about guidelines. Fortunaltly there was this core of people
> who didn't wait for the commitement of the community to begin things,
> but it is only the beginning of the building of the EPEL community.

You've got to trust me on this, we've been around for more then a few
weeks and in public.

https://extras.108.redhat.com/

I just don't want you to think we're throwing stuff together here.  A
great deal of thought, planning and work has been done to even get the
first package signed and rolled out to the public mirror.

    -Mike