Re: RFC: Package maintenance and update policy for EPEL -- take 1

Patrice Dumas schrieb:
> This seems right to me. And I don't find that complicated.

Thanks for your feedback.

> I also had another thought. Maybe it could be possible to avoid packages
> in the testing repo to be published when the release time comes and the
> maintainer feels that it is not ready for the stable branch. In the
> document this looks like the push is more or less 'automatic'.

Well, it'd say it should be automatic. But removing packages should of
course be possible, but it should not happen that often; so I'd say we
should be able to handle it just like we do in Extras (e.g. a repo
requests page in the wiki for removals). I don't think it's worth
mentioning in this page.

CU
thl