Request for voting SIG

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Mar 10 09:42:50 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 10:21:34AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Axel Thimm schrieb:
> > we need to get a voting body set up asap. Nominate a bunch of folks,
> > maybe the ones in the wiki plus a couple more and give them fesco to
> > ratify (by vote) and to formulate our mandate.
>
> Well, it was never formally announced/ratified/written down, but afaics
> it works like in other SIGS. That is: the SIG members takes care of the
> sub-project (in this case EPEL), thus they are the ones that
> vote/decide. That is normally done via the preferred meeting channel --
> I'd say for this SIG that is normally the meetings on IRC.
>
> Yes, as we grow we (might soon) need a more standardized procedure
> (similar how FESCo works I'd say). But above should work for now afaics.

Not everyone can make it to the Sunday irc meeting, and there are now
two precedents were either people doubt on the legitimacy of this
group or this group silently avoids voting.

So we should get things clarified/formalized to be able to *work* on
issues instead of discussing them. Let fesco appoint a group and setup
the framwork of our mandate.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net