IRC Meetings: New meeting time?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Mar 15 05:46:14 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm schrieb:
>>> I'd plead for another day.
>> While I'll probably never be driving EPEL too much, I'd agree that weekend
>> meetings are awful for me.
> And it will be awful with many RHEL people, especially professionals
> that will have RHEL/EPEL support in their job description and would
> like to deal with EPEL from Mo-Fr. We'd like to attract ISVs to put
> their people as (co)maintainers on packages in EPEL.

Agreed in general, but first EPEL must finally lift of (see my other
mail from yesterday in the "Time to go live thread") before they can get
involved. And it seems to me that the Sunday meeting time is fine for
the key people that are working on getting EPEL running properly (e.g.
getting the infrastructure in place -- docs in the wiki, buildsys for
EPEL, repo setup, polcies, cvs, scripts, ...).

So my 2 cent: I'd prefer to stick to the Sunday meeting time or an
alternative time that the key drivers agree on over loosing the key drivers.

After EPEL has taken of and all the crucial bits are in place try to
find a different time for the meetings.

CU
thl