Re: Repotag

Dag Wieers wrote:
If I hadn't a repotag, my nagios-packages would be numbered the same as the EPEL packages. Including the same release tag. If people then have problems, nobody could tell from the output whether this was an EPEL, non-EPEL, RPMforge or other package.
I can think of a couple ways to figure this out, none of which are very difficult. Buildhost, vendor, packager, and key signature come to mind.

This is an EPEL issue, not a Fedora issue. Why could there not be a rule that says Fedora packages do not have a repotag, but EPEL packages will ?
Because its just one more thing to maintain/change/whatever that so far has only one supporter.

   -Mike