Re: Dropping the repotag

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 12:34:56PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Long story short: I'd love the packaging committee to decide this, they
> know more about the consequences then I do.

There is 99% politics in this decision and about 1% or less of
technical points to discuss. The FPC can pick up the technical points,
but not the politics.

> At the same time though we need to be prepared for them to say "This
> isn't our decision, your on your own."

I already replied to the post made there in a similar way explaining
that the FPC is the one body that tries to focus on purely technical
points and can't make the political decision on EPEL's behalf (and
perhaps even send w/o knowing EPEL on war with other repos).

With my FPC hat on: "Tell us whether you want to mark packages, and
we'll tell you how".

With my EPEL hat on: "Let's do repotags and keep the peace".
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net