Re: Repotag

Dag Wieers wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Rex Dieter wrote:

Dag Wieers wrote:

I know you guys think you have enough authority to not require a repotag.
authority has nothing to do with it.  Point is: is it a good or necessary
thing?

Well, the discussions have proven that EPEL considers itself upstream.
And that a multi repository world is not wanted.

imo, not true and irrelevant to boot. Anyone saying otherwise is selling something. And I'm not buying it.

Please don't let the voices of a select few speak for all of EPEL.

And you generally do not care because the default policy will be to tell
people other packages than EPEL are dangerous.

imo, you're making a false assumption here.

That is what happened with Fedora Extras. RPMforge has been badmouthed because it was not upstream and a lot of FUD has been spread.

That's in the past, *long* past.  Again, not true anymore, yada yada.

Please, since repotags aren't a blocker for you, can we *please* try to focus on the more-important issues that are?

-- Rex