Re: Macros available in Fedora but not RHEL <= 4: Create epel-rpm-config?

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 03:24:18PM +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Also, would it be possible to have macros per distribution like RPMforge
> is doing ?
>
> So that something like this becomes possible:
>
>   %{?el3:%define _without_alsa 1}
>
>   %{!?_without_alsa:BuildRequires: alsa-lib-devel}
>
> I understand this is another item that may cause a fierce battle between
> proponents and opponents. It makes it much shorter and less obtrusive to
> use these macros.

Unless I'm wrong this is already accepted and used. See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/DistTag?action=show&redirect=DistTag#head-1c550109af0705ccb71329619b99428af2fd3e25

Or is it something else that you have in mind?

--
Pat