Packages from fc6 that are not part of rhel5

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue May 1 13:40:35 UTC 2007

Hi!

Some packages that are part of FC6 are not included in RHEL5 afaics.
Gmime, which I maintained in FE4 until it got moved to FC with Version
5, is one of those. I build it for EPEL5 today.

I thought it might be helpful to compile a list of those packages that
are part of FC6 but not included in RHEL5. You can find it below (I'll
put it in the EPEL-FAQ in the wiki, too). Note: that list is compiled
from src.rpm and thus sub-packages (gmime-devel, mono-*) are not
mentioned in it.

aqbanking
autorun
awesfx
beagle
bluez-pin
bouncycastle
cleanfeed
concurrent
cpufreq-utils
cryptix
cryptix-asn1
crypto-utils
dbus-sharp
dictd
diskdumputils
eclipse-bugzilla
eclipse-cdt
eclipse-changelog
epiphany
evolution-sharp
fedora-logos
fedora-release
fedora-release-notes
f-spot
gecko-sharp2
genromfs
gmime
gnome-sharp
gnome-vfs2-monikers
gnucash
gnu-getopt
gsf-sharp
gsl
gtk-sharp2
gwenhywfar
g-wrap
hexedit
iprutils
ipvsadm
isicom
jessie
jfsutils
jgroups
kdeedu
krbafs
libgdiplus
libofx
librtas
libtirpc
linux-atm
lvm2-cluster
mono
mozplugger
mysqlclient10
mysqlclient14
ncpfs
netatalk
netdump
newt-perl
nhpf
nut
openswan
perl-Devel-Symdump
perl-File-MMagic
perl-Frontier-RPC
perl-Inline
perl-Parse-RecDescent
perl-PDL
perl-RPM-Specfile
perl-TermReadKey
perl-TimeDate
pnm2ppa
ppc64-utils
puretls
pychecker
pydict
reiserfs-utils
rgmanager
rwall
selinux-doc
slib
system-config-cluster
system-config-netboot
tanukiwrapper
timidity++
tomboy
ttcp
tvtime
wordtrans
xfsprogs
xorg-sgml-doctools
xorg-x11-docs
xorg-x11-drv-amd
xorg-x11-xdm
yaboot

Anyone interested in building those for EPEL? Especially having mono in
EPEL might be nice to have.

If you want to maintain one of those it should be enough to request a
EPEL-branch if the package got reviewed already -- e.g. in the past for
Extras of during the merge review. If it didn't get reviewed yet you
IMHO should help with finishing the merge review fist before requesting
a EPEL branch. Ohh, and it might be good to ask the current "Core"
maintainer if he wants to maintain the package in EPEL himself before
requesting the EPEL branch.

CU
thl