Re: wither clamav?

On 05/16/2007 09:30 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
Ok I am going to step in it big time.. but I want to have a frank
discussion but try to avoid a flame-war.

clamav seems to be frozen to 0.88.x for a while in Extras, but is no
longer supported upstream. I understand the reason for Enricho's
freezing it, but I think that I would like a more modern version of
clamav in EPEL before it gets published. There are a couple of items I
would like to address:

My understanding is that Enricho does not want to support EPEL. Warren is
the person who requested ClamAV for EPEL.  I would say get with him work
it out and make it happen.  I think rebassing on the forge version is
fine.
with all due respect for Enrico's work, I give a +1 for this varioant. But... is EPEL allowed to have packages which are substantially different to those in the former FE ?