mock 0.8.9 for EPEL-5

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Tue Nov 20 21:42:16 UTC 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 11:29:29PM +0200, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 11/20/2007 11:20 PM, Michael E Brown wrote:
> >On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 02:05:46PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> >
> >>Ok I am going to ask the harder question :). How does this affect
> >>RHEL-4 and such?
> >>

> >Does not affect RHEL4. I dont intend to upgrade mock in RHEL4 at this
> >time, as I dont have a box to test this out on. Nor do I think it worth
> >the effort to do so, as I doubt there are any users (or at least *very*
> >few, if any.)
> >
> I have to contradict you here. To my knowledge Centos 4 is quite popular
> and even though lots of people have switched their devel boxes to C5 or
> Fedora, those still using C4 need love, too.

Yes, I know Centos 4 and RHEL4 are popular. My point was that I didnt
think that many people actually ran mock on them. I've gotten very
little in the way of feedback from people running mock on EL4. The vast
majority of people (that I know about) running mock do so on
Fedora-<recent>, or RHEL5.

As always, there are a very few people who might actually be running
mock there, I just havent heard from them.

If there is a large contingent of people running mock on EL-4, I would
be happy to update mock on EL-4 to latest if there is A) demand, and B)
somebody who is willing to test and (possibly) submit patches if there
are issues.
--
Michael