Re: mock 0.8.9 for EPEL-5

On 11/20/2007 11:29 PM, Michael E Brown wrote:
Good point to bring up: one of the things I've tried to do with mock
0.8.x is to keep the '/etc/mock/defaults.cfg' file up-to-date with the
latest config options that are available. So, if you want to know any of
the configuration file options that can be set, look in there and you
should see examples of how to configure them. All the options are either
self-explanatory, or have blurbs.
How about adding something along
"The included /etc/mock/defaults.cfg describes the new format of options and is also a good example on how to add your own parameters "
to the bundled Readme and/or the man?

Also, I have tried very hard to keep the manpage up-to-date as well,
documenting all the cmdline switches. So, one of the areas that mock
0.8.x has improved is the documentation.
The man page was the first thing I've read (unlike my usual habit of reading the man pages only as a last resort, when nothing else helps :) ). But since I am ... hum.. parallel to python, I needed the help of ivazquez (thank you, again!) to see the light in
   config_opts['macros']['%_smp_mflags']= '-j3'
Second thought, since testing parallel builds is mandatory for Fedora, I think it would be nice to have the above line included by default (commented out for compatibility with previous versions) in all repo configs.