Re: mock 0.8.9 for EPEL-5

José Matos wrote:
On Tuesday 20 November 2007 22:00:01 Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
On 11/20/2007 11:54 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
Michael E Brown wrote:
There is a head-scratcher. I *thought* that it was rpmbuild's
responsibility to automatically detect the number of processors in the
system and add this flag, if necessary.
Yes, %{_smp_mflags} gets defined automatically
Could it be that the option is defined automatically in koji (plague?)
but not on my box?
I had a package not compiling with -j3 and I detected it only after
adding the said option to mock config.

Notice that unless you have three processors the flag will have the number of processors on your machine. Depending on the package you are building the bottleneck is not the cpu but the disc so it is possible to increase the value and have better build times.

I do it all the time. :-)
I was not interested in build time but in making sure that the compilation process actually works. There are cases where bugs prevent parallel make.

   Manuel