Re: status update from nirik's side (was: Re: Topics for tomorrows (20071024) EPEL SIG meeting)

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:24:40 +0200
fedora leemhuis info (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:

> >> /topic EPEL SIG Meeting |
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/NextTestingStableMove --
> >> nirik
>
> Not sure if anything happened there. Nirik, if you didn't prepare
> anything and don't have time for it I volunteer to do the hard work
> this Sunday.

I have been swamped and haven't had a chance to do anything on this.
Do we have all the dependency issues solved in testing now?

Feel free to work on it, and let me know if I can help any...

> >> /topic EPEL SIG Meeting |
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/RhelMetaData -- stahnma
>
> We afaics still need use cases. Do people remember what people wanted
> when this idea came up on the list? Let's analyze the three most
> wanted datasets and put those online somewhere.

The main thing I want is for new EPEL packages to have an easy way to
say: "is this package or things it provides available already in a RHEL
channel" ?

> >> /topic EPEL SIG Meeting |
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc -- remove ntfs-3g
> >> and fuse from EPEL4