Broken dependencies in EPEL - 2008-12-07

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 19:03:36 UTC 2008

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:23:43 -0700, Kevin wrote:

> I poked the infrastructure folks to try and make needed changes in the
> script config and re-run it.
>
> It should send out a report here shortly... if it still has any issues
> you see, could you please help us configure it correctly? I would be
> happy to get you the current config/cron to provide patches against.

It had started with a working setup (EL4 and EL5 in a single report):
https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2008-April/msg00016.html

Then, sometime later, the RHEL repos have been renamed and moved around
again and again (with games like switching repo ids from upper-case to
lower-case and vice versa), and finally the shell script has been damaged
as an added bonus.

I've suggested fixes for the script before based on commit diffs I've seen
flying by on sysadmin-members list. It just needs somebody with commit
access to fix the stuff or revert to the old working version. And that
seems to be the problem, as the RHEL repos are hidden somewhere where it
needs special privileges to access them. At present, the RHEL4 URLs used
in the script are invalid. For months the report for EPEL4 has been empty
because of that. The process is overly complicated. Mike seems to feel
pissed as he doesn't like to spend time on it. And stahnma presumably
doesn't have the proper permission to fully test and commit his changes.
Right?

Rather than spending hours on irc learning about any infrastructure secrets
and getting confirmation that some stuff is being locked down,
how about posting a verified (!) list of RHEL/EPEL repository URLs?