Re: Topics for tomorrows (20080213) EPEL SIG meeting

On Feb 12, 2008, at 10:31 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

Hi all,

find below the list of topics that are planed to come up in the next
EPEL SIG meeting which is scheduled for today, Wednesday at 18:00
UTC in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org.

As usual, I have conflicting meetings and probably won't make it. I'll chime in on some issues below...

-Jeff

/topic EPEL SIG Meeting | fill the steering committee; one
self-nomination: Xavier Lamien| all |
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc

Should we wait another week or two to see if there is more interest? Nothing against Xavier, just want to be sure everyone who is interested has a chance to let us know.

/topic EPEL SIG Meeting | elect a new chair | all |
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc

AFAIK both nirik and smooge volunteered for this. Is that correct? Anyone else?

/topic EPEL SIG Meeting | new meeting time? | all |
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
I would really appreciate this since I have other meetings most of the morning on Wednesdays.

/topic EPEL SIG Meeting | KojiAndBodhiForEpel | mmcgrath, Jeff_S |
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/KojiAndBodhiForEpel
I'm not sure why my name is here, but I have not touched koji at all... I don't imagine I'll have the time anytime soon to tackle this.

/topic EPEL SIG Meeting | do we need a epel-announce-list (or both a
epel-announce-list and a epel-package-announce-list) | all |
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
Our list is relatively low traffic (at least IMO), so I don't really see the need for an "announce" list. Having a package announce list may be nice for people that want to know what's new, but don't really care about the development process.