Topics for tomorrows (20080213) EPEL SIG meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Feb 13 17:12:28 UTC 2008

On 13.02.2008 17:10, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2008, at 10:31 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> find below the list of topics that are planed to come up in the next
>> EPEL SIG meeting which is scheduled for today, Wednesday at 18:00
>> UTC in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org.
> As usual, I have conflicting meetings and probably won't make it.
> I'll chime in on some issues below...

thx for the update.

>> /topic EPEL SIG Meeting | fill the steering committee; one
>> self-nomination: Xavier Lamien| all |
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
> Should we wait another week or two to see if there is more interest?

Don't think so -- two weeks should be enough. Actually it are more weeks
in fact, because we had another "we want to fill a seat for the
steeering committee"-phase riht before this one and also only one
nomination.

>> /topic EPEL SIG Meeting | elect a new chair | all |
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
> AFAIK both nirik and smooge volunteered for this.  Is that correct?

Yes

>> /topic EPEL SIG Meeting | new meeting time? | all |
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
> I would really appreciate this since I have other meetings most of the
> morning on Wednesdays.

I'd say you guys discuss the meeting time again soon -- maybe you can
find a better timeslot.

>> /topic EPEL SIG Meeting | KojiAndBodhiForEpel | mmcgrath, Jeff_S |
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/KojiAndBodhiForEpel
> I'm not sure why my name is here, [...]

Because I suck -- I meant _blah_/RobMyers. Sorry for the confusion.

>> /topic EPEL SIG Meeting | do we need a epel-announce-list (or both a
>> epel-announce-list and a epel-package-announce-list) | all |
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
> Our list is relatively low traffic (at least IMO), so I don't really
> see the need for an "announce" list.  Having a package announce list
> may be nice for people that want to know what's new, but don't really
> care about the development process.

Yeah, a dedicated announce list IMHO really would be helpful for testing
-> stable move announcements and things like:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2008-February/msg00056.html

Cu
knurd