lighttpd package

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Feb 23 12:37:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 09:55:07PM -0800, Steven Ingram wrote:
> Is there any reason that the lighttpd package doesn't have Provides:
> webserver so that dependencies will be properly satisfied in packages
> like webalizer? Apache httpd package does have Provides: webserver.

The semantic of the webserver Provides is not clear to me. In general it
seems to be used for a cgi server. I did a quick analysis here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ServerProvides
in 'change the virtual provides' section.

In any case I think this is a better topic for fedora-devel-list (or
even fedora-packaging if a guideline is to be done) since this is not
epel related but a generic fedora issue.

--
Pat