New Zenoss RPMs

Christopher Blunck chris at zenoss.com
Fri Feb 29 04:38:03 UTC 2008

We're extremely interested in making it into EPEL.  The biggest hurdle
we face right now is not a technical one; it's a policy/procedure
problem.  Simply put:  we (or more specifically I) am unfamiliar with
the EPEL/Fedora/RHEL policies and procedures that are used to qualify
a project to be included into your baseline.

I'm trying to make sure that we conform to your policies and
procedures, and that we follow all of the guidelines the community
offers as criteria for inclusion into the repository.  Sometimes those
policies conflict with our existing build system (e.g. the situation
with python 2.4).  When that comes up we (I) try to re-engineer our
build-system to accommodate your criteria because honestly your
procedures are usually best practices.  :)

Tomorrow I'm going to submit our .spec and .src.rpm for review.  I
expect that as a result of that submission we'll have an opportunity
to work through some more of details associated with being included
into the repository.

Thanks guys for all your help!  Please give us a chance - we're just
trying to understand what we need to do to be included in your repo! :)

-c