Re: Broken deps in EPEL 4

Jon Ciesla wrote:
On 14.01.2008 17:06, Jon Ciesla wrote:
On 14.01.2008 13:59, Jon Ciesla wrote:
pcapdiff - 0.1-2.el4.noarch
Needs pcapy, which won't built due to lack of libpcap-devel on ppc.
Is
there a remedy, or set ExcludeArch?
I'd say ExcludeArch is fine in this case.
Ok, great. Thanks. Do I need to do anything with pcapdiff, as it's
noarch?
Afaik you need to ExcludeArch PPC there as well:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-February/msg00068.html

Actually, it looks like I needed to BR libpcap, not libpcap-devel, in
EL-4.   Oops.  We'll see how this goes.

Or you could BR: /usr/include/pcap.h which would work everywhere.

Paul.