Re: rt3 for EPEL

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
On 29.01.2008 17:34, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
Packages wishlist for rt3 is maintained in another page than the main EPEL wishlist.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/WishList/rt3
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/WishList

FYI, in the past weeks I took care of the main WhishList -- if something
got added I mailed the Fedora owner normally.

 From the main wishlist, the maintainers of the following packages have
been mailed, but they either didn't answer or the wishlist page wasn't
updated :
[...]

I'd say: check via
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugzilla?tg_format=plain
who owns those in Fedora. I suspect at least some of the packages owners
have EPEL packages already, but didn't get around to these ones. Send
those a mail in private asking for their plans and I suspect you can
shorten the list a bit.

For the remaining ones: a second mail can't hurt. Reminder (to everyone
that plans to do something like this): before sending such mails please
check this page http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/ContributorStatusNo
If the FAS username of the package owner please don't send mails
regarding participating in EPEL to them.
The following packages are missing from the main wishlist :
   perl-capitalization
   perl-Class-ReturnValue
   perl-DBIx-DBSchema
   perl-ExtUtils-AutoInstall
   perl-HTML-Scrubber
   perl-Test-NoWarnings
   perl-Test-perl-Critic
Shall I add these packages to the main wishlist ?

I'd say so. I will mail the owners then. But you can do it yourself as
well. The template I use can be found on:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/AskForFedoraPackageInEPEL

[...]

HTH

Cu
knurd

Thx Thorsten.

I've added the missing packages to the wishlist and did some additions to the rt3's wishlist page. It seems it's not that bad actually. There's not that much packages without someone to take care of them in EPEL.

I'll mail the EPEL guys that have packages to rebuild, this should shorten the list drastically. Then I'll go on with the EPEL-maintainer-less packages.

Regards,
Xavier