plague-client

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Jul 7 17:05:14 UTC 2008

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:22:46 -0700, Ray Van Dolson wrote:

> Any reason why plague-client is not in EPEL?  The SRPM from Fedora 7
> seems to build just fine on EL5...

... and would not include any of the bug-fixes and improvements created
for the Extras/EPEL build servers. In Fedora, Plague is unmaintained. Some
tickets in bugzilla got lost during the mass-bug-triaging. So, that's not
a good starting-point for EPEL packages IMO.

It would be better to base off an EPEL package of my rpms or the
unofficial 0.4.5 [1] branch in cvs if you don't want so many separate
patches. The files and rpms can still be found at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mschwendt

[1] Note that in 0.4.5 I moved the builder_work default dir from /srv/...
to /var/lib/... in accordance with the Fedora guidelines. Old Fedora packages
used a non-working default in /tmp/builder_work.